Each PIO release will be versioned:
- MAJOR: Major releases are not on any particular cadence. Major releases are likely to be stable over a long period (one year or more)
- FEATURE: We are targeting new feature releases every two months and will include new features, improvements and bug fixes
- MAINTENANCE: This is reserved for urgent bug fixes on the current release
Feature releases will occur every two months. Maintenance releases will be ad-hoc, as needed.
- At the beginning of each release, committers nominate features for the upcoming release
- At end of week, share JIRA link with dev user group to invite comments on the list
- Committers modify the target list as necessary after comments are integrated and assign them to devs